Orion 462 AM & FM 4 band Digital Audio Processor
The Orion 462 processor supports analogical balanced inputs and digital AES-3 inputs (optional). It has dual output: MPX out for FM transmitter and simultaneous balanced analog outputs for Internet streaming. It has
30 memories to store your favorites processing programs (20 preset memories, factory adjusted to go immediately On-Air). All adjustments can be made, in few minutes, from the front panel, using a scrub wheel and following the instructions on the LCD panel. You can assign a password to the system to avoid that somebody changes your adjustments. Also, the processor has a RS232 port to connect it to a computer for remotely commute the programs. The 462dsp replaces 10 audio processors, thus surpassing to many digital processors of greater cost.
Model 462dsp has included a digital SC-100 stereo coder with the new oversampling technology. Model 462-AM, for AM transmitters, is mono and has two independent balanced XLR outputs for main and spare transmitters. It complies with the NRSC-1 and NRSC-2 recommendations for AM and have up 150% asymmetry capacity.
- SUBSONIC FILTER: Suppress audio frequencies below 25 Hz, to avoid distortion on the receivers.
- EXPANDER: Increases the dynamic range of the program signal on the air, suppressing the background noise taken by the microphones.
- GATED COMPRESSOR (AGC) Gated compressor with broadband range and slow action to maintain constant the level of audio. Free to your operators of the responsibility of continuously readjust the level of the faders!
- PEAK SIMETRIZER: Works based on Khann-Bonello criteria. It duplicates the radiated power for the human voice, avoiding the asymmetry produced by effect of the vocal cords characteristics.
- MULTIBAND COMPRESSOR: Operates in 4 bands, increasing the loudness perceived by ours ears. It grants strenght sensation and loud and solid sound quality.
- MULTIBAND LIMITERS: This limiter acts over fast peaks, working in 4 bands to reach an inaudible action.
- 4 BANDS EQ: The audio equalizer works controlling the sound energy (not the level) to obtain an effect impossible to reach with conventional equalizers.
- DIGITAL STERO CODER: Our exclusive 16x oversampling technology gives the 462 a direct MPX link to the FM exciter. For the first time, the ear is not able to perceive the 0,003% distortion of the stereo coder. With 95 dB dynamic range and 65 dB channel separation, we guarantee a digital audio quality on-air.
- SUPERMODULATION: This technique, created by Solidyne, is based on MPX processing, and allows to obtain up to 150% of audio signal in each stereo channel, but maintaining in 100% the deviation of the FM carrier.
- Digital AES-3 In/Out Optional AES-3 digital Inputs and Outputs with simultaneouns analog output for IBOC and DRM digital FM transmission
|Bands||More than 4|