Broadcasting Antenna Monitoring System UHF version
The Broadcasting Antenna Monitoring System (BAMS) UHF version aims to supervise broadcasting television antennas proper operation. It could be applied to any broadcasting antenna system.
A failure or defect in power to only one element can significantly distort the radiation pattern.
Currently, the only way to evaluate the operation of an antenna is to monitor the return loss at the transmitter output with no way to locate the problem.
In more complex antennas, equipped with a large number of power splitters, a problem with a radiant panel could be not detected by return loss measurement at the feeder inlet.
Transient events could be also generated by ambient events such as meteorological phenomena (e.g. instantaneous deformation due to wind, ice shields, moisture inside panels).
BAMS allows detection and localization of transient or permanent faults and performance deviation of antenna systems by:
- The Smart Sensors, one before every antenna panel and power splitter
- A Data Manager, typically inside the broadcasting station.
- The Smart Sensors are equipped with a rich number of sensors: selective RF forward and reflected power, ambient and pneumatic data inside the RF line (pressure, temperature and humidity).
- A communication port (RS485) allows data transmission to the Data Manager.
- The Smart Sensors are waterproof (IP65).
- Broadcasting Antenna Systems detection and localization of transient and permanent faults or performance deviations
- Real-time measurement of the direct and reflected power of each single panel antenna via directional coupler equipped with apposite sensing
- Measurement of environmental parameters (temperature, relative humidity, wind speed) for the analysis of performance deviation due to the environment
- Water infiltration detection
- Air quality check (pressure and dew point) for each panel in pressurized antennas
- IP65 directional coupler with built-in RF/AMBIENT/pneumatic sensing and RS485 serial interface
- Easy installation, no calibration needed
- Single line to connect up to 127 Sensors up to 1500 meters
- Data acquisition software with performance logging and relevant statistical analysis
- Full remote control via LAN, internet, modem, and more.